justthebest - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* justthebest > Topics

Subject: the prophet and womans
Replies: 0 Views: 506

tunisi22 9.10.13 - 11:55am
Muhammad and Women

Wives and Concubines of Muhammad
Main Articles: List of Muhammad's Wives and Concubines and Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars:Muhammad's Wives and Concubines
According to multiple sources, Muhammad had many wives and concubines, and was known as a womanizer.[7] Muhammad consummated his marriages with thirteen women and divorced another six. He also used to visit all his wives in one night:
Narrated Qatada: Anas bin Malik said, The Prophet used to visit all his wives in a round, during the day and night and they were eleven in number. I asked Anas, Had the Prophet the strength for it? Anas replied, We used to say that the Prophet was given the strength of thirty (men). And Sa'id said on the authority of Qatada that Anas had told him about nine wives only (not eleven).
Sahih Bukhari 1:5:268
Aisha
Main Article: Aisha
Aisha, sometimes spelt as 'Ayesha', was the nine year old child-bride of Muhammad. She was engaged to him at the age of six. She was also the daughter of Abu Bakr, a close friend of Muhammad. Historically, she is known as Muhammad's favorite wife.
'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) married me when I was six years old, and I was admitted to his house when I was nine years old.
Sahih Muslim 8:3310
The age of Muhammad's child-bride Aisha, has only in recent times become an actively contested issue, with many Muslims (through embarrassment) falsely claiming that she was in fact older than nine when married or when the marriage was consummated. It has also been recorded in authentic Islamic sources that Muhammad struck Aisha[8] and also allowed Abu Bakr to do the same.[9] Contrary to what Muslims often claim, Aisha was not 'offered' to Muhammad by her father. It was Muhammad who approached Abu Bakr, and Abu Bakr originally protested.[10] However, Muhammad justified his perversion with a 'divine' vision from Allah,[11] which also happens to destroys the apologists appeal to cultural relativism.
Khadijah
Main Article: Khadijah bint Khuwaylid
Khadijah bint Khuwailid/Khuwaylid (555 619 AD) was the first wife of Muhammad and also a distant cousin. Belonging to the Bani Asad tribe, Khadijah was the daughter of Khuwaylid bin Asad bin. Abd al-Uzza bin Qusayy, the Grand son Qusayy. She was a wealthy woman aged forty who ran her own business, and her love affair with Muhammad was a controversial one which almost ended in bloodshed.
Muslims often try to use her high social standing as proof that women are equal in Islam.[12] What they neglect to explain is that she was a great independent businesswoman before Islam, during the so-called Period of Ignorance (Jahiliyah), and you cannot find any examples of successful women after Islam, during Muhammad's lifetime. In fact, Muhammad prohibited women from taking leadership positions[13] and this is why in some Islamic countries women cannot run for president or become judges.[14][15]
Safiyah
Main Article: Safiyah
Safiyah bint Huyayy (610 - 670 AD) was the bride of Kinana and the chief mistress of the Jewish tribes of Quraiza and An-Nadir. When the Muslims invaded and conquered Khaibar, the fighting men were killed and Safiya was taken captive (along with the rest of the women and children) and allotted as booty to Dihya Al-Kalbi, a Muslim.[16] Kinana was tortured and executed by the Muslims in order to discover the hiding places of treasure,[17] and one source relates that he and Safiya had been married only one day.[18] She was so beautiful, that the Muslims began praising her in the presence of Muhammad[19], and so the prophet commanded that Dihya be brought before him along with Safiya. Upon seeing her, Muhammad said, Take any slave girl other than her from the captives[20] and he selected her for himself.
From the information provided in the Hadith, we can reasonably conclude that Safiya did not have a choice in this marriage. She was held captive up until the marriage, and when Muhammad decided that she would be a wife rather than a slave-girl, that is when he made known that her manumission was her mahr.
Mariyah
Main Article: Mariyah the s*x Slave of the Holy Prophet
Mariyah the Copt was one of the prophets wives maids. Muhammad slept with her without any ceremony, which caused uproar among his wives and finally was settled by divine intervention.
Waqidi has informed us that Abu Bakr has narrated that the messenger of Allah (PBUH) had s*xual intercourse with Mariyyah in the house of Hafsah. When the messenger came out of the house, Hafsa was sitting at the gate (behind the locked door). She told the prophet, O Messenger of Allah, do you do this in my house and during my turn? The messenger said, control yourself and let me go because I make her haram to me. Hafsa said, I do not accept, unless you swear for me. That Hazrat (his holiness) said, by Allah I will not contact her again. Qasim ibn Muhammad has said that this promise of the Prophet that had forbidden Mariyyah to himself is invalid it does not become a violation (hormat).[21]
Muhammad and the Violation of the Qur'an
Main Article: Muhammad and the Violation of the Qur'an See also: The Marriages of Muhammad: A Violation of the Qur'an
When we diligently study the biography of Muhammad and the ahadith we find quite a few examples where Muhammad had openly transgressed the provisions of the Qur'an. s*x was an important aspect of Muhammads life. His unbridled indulgence in s*x had, on many occasions, forced him to violate Allahs rule overtly. To suppress his breach of the Quranic laws on s*x and s*xuality, he, as usual, concocted stories of Allahs exemption to his dearest friend. This article exposes the hypocrisy of some Islamists who claim adamantly that Muhammad could have never violated the Quran. What you will find are numerous examples of how Muhammad had violated the Quran vis--vis s*x.
Women and the Farewell Sermon
Main Article: The Farewell Sermon See also: A Brief Analysis of Muhammads Farewell Sermon
The Farewell Sermon (&1582;&1591;&1576;&1577; &1575;&1604;&1608;&1583;&1575;&1593;&8206;, Khu&7789;batu l-Wad&257;') is Muhammad's last sermon before his death in 632 CE. There are different versions of the sermon, but in this version Muhammed's order to beat women coincide with the Qur'anic order of wife-beating in 4:34. In this version, he also compares women to domestic animals. A related hadith:
You have rights over your wives and they have rights over you. You have the right that they should not defile your bed and that they should not behave with open unseemliness. If they do, God allows you to put them in separate rooms and beat them but not with severity. If they refrain from these things they have the right to their food and clothing with kindness. Lay injunctions on women kindly, for they are prisoners with you having no control of their persons. You have taken them as a trust from God, and you have the enjoyment of their persons by the words of God, so understand[22]
See Also *

* justthebest Forum

Search:
topics replies

* justthebest

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search